RESOLUTIONS and the likes…
Well, that’s the end of the first week of January already! The holidays certainly whooshed by and Christmas seems like a distant memory. Have you ever noticed how it takes wayyyy longer it to put the whole ruddy thing back IN the box than it does to put up? We don’t overly decorate but it still looks so bare when the trees & decorations come down 😦
My day job certainly has the holidays going for it (well it has to have some sort of positive, and it sure ain’t the snazzy uniform, fantastic pay or the little animals angels!) I finished up on the 23rd and didn’t start back until today (to choruses of “it’s only 5 weeks till the long weekend!” )
I never really get the whole NEW YEAR RESOLUTION thing, I always think if you really want to change or improve on something, you should just do it. Indeed, whenever someone asks what mine is, I usually reply “Oh, I resolved to not make one…whoops! Broken it, oh well!”
But this year I’ve decided to do something different. Instead of one BIG Resolution that will no doubt be abandoned by February, I have made a list of smaller (i.e. more ‘do-able’) challenges & ideas in the hope that at least a few might stick!
MONTHLY CHALLENGES include:
- Learning a new skill (candidates so far include crochet & calligraphy )
- STUDY!! After completing a thoroughly enjoyable MOOC last year on Archaeology, it was my intention to do more but things & stuff got in the way… Anyway, Roman Architecture starts 5th February 🙂
- SPEND MORE QUALITY TIME WITH MY OH : sounds kinda dumb but generally anytime we do ‘something’, the kids are involved too. I mean, they even tagged along when we went away for our anniversary!) I resolve to arrange a ‘date’ at least once a month, just for us. A meal out, night away, tickets for a gig, even just a takeaway & a movie on the sofa. But NO kids, NO laptops, NO work. GAH!! How will we cope??
Some WEEKLY CHALLENGES are
- Letterwriting : I have a bunch of penpal letters awaiting replies and I NEED TO DO IT rather than continue to put it off! I challenge myself to write at least ONE letter, each & every week.
- Try A New Recipe
- BLOG : I set this up then was wary of publishing anythinganything (I have a ton of draft posts loitering that I didn’t have the guts to post ) I MUST write (& publish!!) SOMETHING on here weekly. Who knows? I may even get the bug and do it more often!?!
- Make SOMETHING: I have a huge amount of crafting stash but haven’t really done a huge amount of crafting recently. I challenge myself to make at least ONE thing every week.
- PostPals! : I already participate in this great project by sending off monthly mail packs and also random envelopes but I’d love to commit to more regular participation.
- DRINK MORE WATER : I used to drink loads of water but judging by the number of plastic bottles we’ve recycled recently, I’m clearly not!!
- FLOSS MORE – I’m lazy!
Well, that’s probably more than enough of my ramblings for now…. Feel free to pop back later for Week 1’s RESOLUTION ROUNDUP!